On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Veggie-licious!

In an attempt to get back to my mini-goal, I have been thinking about ways that I could eat veggies for lunch. I need to get a larger insulated lunch bag so that I don't have to worry about keeping my lunch cold enough. We have a fridge at school, but lunches sometimes go missing.

What I've thought of so far is: veggie soup, salad, veggies and dip, and a veggie plate. All of which would meet my mini-goal of a cup of veggies at lunch as well as being things I would eat. And I wouldn't worry terribly about any of it getting to room temperature, especially the things I would re-heat. So when I go to the grocery store tomorrow I will put ingredients to make these meals a reality in my buggy! I'm glad that I have a plan. Plus, there is enough chance for variety that I won't be bored with this and want to have tacos for lunch.

Any other veggie lunch ideas would be welcomed!

The work with the historic preservation group went well this morning, and I got to know someone I go to church with better. Overall, a great way to spend a morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home