On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Why it can be so hard to get back on track

Although I try to use my fitday as just observation and not as a means for judgment and condemnation, I have to say that tracking does help me keep my eyes opened. So far, today has been a nice low-fat day--but I have taken in very little nutrition for 1500+ calories. Almost everything in my RDA's is below 50%, which is shocking. Also, I ate a ton of angel food cake because I'm stressed. It has no fat, but I ate over 400 calories of it! Not a good plan, but it happened and I will not make the same choice in the future.

When I do something like eat a fourth of a cake, I just don't want to write it down here. But, why not? I did it and I did it purposefully (not the eating 400 calories part since I didn't know that at the time, but the eating way more cake of any kind than any one needs in a day). That's who I am, and where I'm at today. I'm also going to have a milkshake later on this evening after I study, and I'll dutifully come here and log it in. Maybe I'll meet my calcium goal!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Wendell said…

    Way to find the silver lining! That's one thing that stinks about the WW point tracker thing - it doens't track RDA like fitday does. Hope the studying goes well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home