On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Gym Heroes

Spinning and walking, just like I said! And I got to spinning on time--there were only 3 of us, plus the instructor! Somehow that made me work harder, but it felt good.

After spinning, I go upstairs and walk a mile on the indoor track. That's where I see my gym heroes. Actually, if you are at the gym, then you are one of my heroes. I'm so proud to see you doing something good for yourself--challenging yourself, becoming more healthy, socializing! Good for you! But there are some people who are there every time I walk. Girl with the pink ipod, whose arms I haven't quite figured out--you twist them back and forth instead of pumping them up and down and I always think hmmm. Tonight (as usual) you are my gym hero! Why? Because you are such a steady runner, and you run infinite numbers of laps! This is incredibly helpful for me, because when you lap me it brings out all my competitive juices. I think, next time I will be farther along the track when you pass me! And since you do not slow down or stop for breaks or just run half a mile, it works! Tonight, I was farther along for three laps when you passed me and the fourth time it took you a lap and a half to do it! Woohoo! Thank you, girl with the pink ipod.

Sometimes I wonder who I am to other people at the gym. Am I the "law student" because of my t-shirts? The speedy walker? The girl who strangely wears bike shorts under her pants?

Anyway, a good workout and another tick off the fmr.

BMR: 578
FMR: 382.1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home