On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Weekly numbers

W: 157
Forgot to measure.

I haven't been exercising any this week. Procrastination killed my first spinning set, and then a whole slew of frustration killed the second (I even made it all the way to the gym with my clothes). Tonight I have eaten too much to go running, but I might just go to the gym and walk some on the indoor track just to get my mind back in the groove. Plus, I think I may go out and get a sweet treat for myself since it is Friday and that way I will have put two trips into one.

A sweet treat? What about your resolution not to have anything that isn't homemade or a restaurant dessert? What about that, you ask.

Well, I came back from my holiday with Dr. MM and got back into my groove at home. That's when I realized that it's not a challenge. I don't buy cookies or candy or ice cream to eat at home. The only really junky food here is Coke, but I don't drink that anyway (they are for Dr. MM). It's just when I go visit him that I have problems limiting my sweets intake--when I visited him in January it was the same thing. So, really I need to focus on continuing to only buy delicious healthy food for home, and then not giving myself permission to eat only junk food when I am up there with him. My resolution is like resolving to eat breakfast--I do that everyday anyway, so it's not really a change in behavior.

Also, I need to have a review of what activities I am working on/training for so that I will be more motivated to do them.
1) Run an entire 5k. I think this will be in April.
2) Have a fun bike tour w/ Dad. This is May. I can do it without training much, but it will be exhausting instead of exhilarating.
3) Backbend from standing up. No date for this insanity.
4) 1000 miles challenge. Consistent miles now!

For #1, I need to continue the C25k training. I should be starting week 4 the next time I run (tomorrow?). #2 requires going to my spinning classes and strengthening my core, plus as many road miles as I can get. #3 would probably be benefited by adding some yoga into the mix on M/W. #4 means I should be walking everyday and getting those road miles in on my bike!

In general, I just need to build my routines around exercising. I'll get there!

As for RDA's, I'm doing pretty well. I still need to work on iron, selenium, vitamin D, magnesium, and zinc, and keeping my sodium levels down. Fiber is no problem, even without my cereal. I bought a giant box of oatmeal last time I went to the grocery store, so now I have that plus fruit every day for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home