On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Behind, but catching up

Yesterday, I planned on running a day of C25k when I returned from Dr. MM's. But, when I got home after 6 hours on the road I was starving. I ate dinner (black bean quesadillas and more salsa!) and then realized that there was no way I was going to be able to go to the gym at 11pm and run/walk. Traveling just makes your brain tired sometimes.

Of course, that put me off track on my little chart for the 1000 mile year. I didn't realize this until today, or I probably would have hauled myself to the gym last night. Grr! I'm only 2.15 miles behind where I want to be, so it's not a huge distance. The little piece of paper has been revised to take that into consideration, and I hope that I will be able to knock off those extra miles by the end of the week. Because I am already behind where I would like to be for the challenge, I walk after my spin classes--a mile on Tuesday and a half mile on Thursday. This week, I will walk a mile on Thursday also. On Saturday, I will probably walk around the neighborhood to get an even 3 mile walk in--and that should put me ahead by about 2/10ths of a mile. Yes, we will measure down to the tenth of a mile!

My chart only goes until the end of the semester, and by then I hope I will be able to run 3 miles, 3 times a week. At that point, I will definitely have my bases covered for the foot miles (as long as I keep it up, of course!).

In February, I hope to ride 50 miles on my bike. Perhaps I will be able to ride with the rec group in town a couple of times and rack those miles up. I will need to buy a new bike computer or either see how well my Garmin works on my bike, because knowing about how many miles you have left can really help your mind.

Today, I did my arms and abs routine. I did the plank leg-lifts at the beginning--not too shabby, although I had to take a break before finishing all of them. Then, I wanted to wimp out of my little ultra-beginner Pilates routine, but I reminded myself that I was doing it to strengthen my body for my bike ride. Work now or regret it later? Work now it is. Then the plank for 2 minutes. Listening to music made the plank about a million times easier. I closed my eyes and just listened to the song until it was over, and at that point I only had 25 seconds left to go! Woohoo! Still a lot of trembling going on, but I can see myself increasing the time by 30 seconds in week.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Weight Master said…

    It doesn't matter if you're a little behind schedule, just don't quit. Keep it up. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home