On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Weights and Measures

W: 156
M: 41-34-41

I found out that you can modify the foods on fitday to reflect sodium (etc.), so this morning I cut out the sodium in my oatmeal! Yay! Yesterday was my first spinning class, and it went very well. I am really going to enjoy preparing for my trip this spring, as well as improving in there!

At the moment, I am thinking that I will have spinning Tuesday and Thursday, work on building up my running on Friday and Sunday, and do strength work on Monday and Wednesday. Saturday will either be something like a hike or bike riding or just rest.

The only problem with eating more fruits and veggies and less fast food/restaurant food is that I end up not eating very many calories. After both breakfast and lunch today, I feel as if I have stuffed myself full--but right now according to fitday I have consumed less than 700 calories. Part of that is how much water I drink , and I guess that a lot of the other is fiber. I feel as if I should be eating more, but it's nearly impossible.

Also, on fitday, I reduced my daily level of movement to simply seated work. Most of the day I am seated, so that is a more accurate reflection. It is also a more accurate guideline for how many calories that I should be mindful of.

Lastly, I am going to buy an exercise ball to sit on while I use the computer at home. Someone on a forum recommended it, and I'm sure it will be better for me than this folding chair. Plus, I can do more crunches. How do I choose what size to buy? I am not quite 5'5''. I will have to noodle off to find that out.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger M@rla said…

    There will be guidelines on the package about what size to buy. At 5'5" you're probably right in-between sizes! I'm not quite 5'3", and I had to exchange the original ball I received as a gift for a smaller version- I couldn't do any of the exercises where you have to reach the ground with your hands, like pikes or triceps pushups. But if you're planning to use it primarily as a seat, you might want to go up in size. Mine is definitely not tall enough to sit at a computer desk. I don't think size will be critical for crunches, though.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Georgia Girl said…

    Glad you enjoyed your spinning class. I've only done that once and I was SO sore the next day I could barely walk. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home