On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Home again

Well, I came home this week to start school and work all over for my last semester! Woohoo! I feel as if I have turned over a new leaf. Everything is going well, even things I have been stressing over have been more than good.

When I went to the grocery store to restock, all I bought were good-for-me foods that I crave. These past few days have been pretty good, and I've been using fitday and thinking about my RDA's. I also signed up for a twice a week spinning class at a sane hour (7pm) already. I am going to try to get in 30 minutes of activity everyday, but I am still working on that.

I'm at 158, the last time I weighed, which is fine. I appreciate starting this year off at a lower weight than last year, and I look forward to the same for next year.

The things that I would like to do this semester, fitness-wise, are: finish Couch to 5k and run in a race, ride in two bike events with my family, ride 3 times with the recreational group in town, and begin an upper-body strength program. Also, I want to focus on not overbooking myself, because I have a real tendency to do that. While I want to cram my life full of good things, most of the time I take on so much that I am terribly burned out. I was describing my last semester to a new intern and realized that it sounded beyond stressful: a full load of graduate classes, 20 hours a week internship, 10+ hours a week part-time job--plus I am an officer of an organization and try to be active in extracurricular activities, and take time to see Dr. MM who lives 6 hours away. It was ridiculous, and I want to try my best to avoid that scenario this semester. I've already felt the pull of volunteering "to help", but I can't do everything and stay healthy and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home