On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

December Run 3

There are clouds outside. I'm hungry. It's probably cold. It feels good under the covers. If I wear that shirt, then I won't be able to wear it to ride my bike. My legs are tired. I need to rest.

All of these things went through my head this morning, begging me not to get up and run. Eventually, I told them all to shut up, pulled on my clothes, and went outside. And ran/walked. I was slower today, because I walked more after my 5 minute warm up. I was very far behind the virtual partner. . .and then, on the last big downhill I thought, Hmm, wonder if I can catch him. I'm only 150 or so feet behind him. So I did. I ran him down and stomped on him, and only after I was a little bit ahead of him did I start walking again. Bwhahaha. Take that! 10 seconds slower than yesterday, but I still made it under 12 minutes with some walking. It's still a teensy bit faster than my first day when I was all rested.

I was SO sore yesterday. And I'm somewhat sore today, although it's not as bad. Eh. That's the price of moving. Tomorrow I think I will start giving myself even more warm-up walking time. I think that I will walk for 20 minutes to warm up and then run/walk my mile. The more warm-up I do, the easier it is to speed up and to do that for a longer amount of time.

Today we will finish our Christmas shopping. We started yesterday, and we are halfway finished. I hate this part of Christmas, and most of the time I would be ok without presents and instead a nice day together, playing board games or going to the museum or something. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home