On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Funny Fitness Challenge

So my mom had to buy a blood pressure machine thingy a few months ago and monitor her blood pressure and heart rate at different times of the day--and ever since then, our family randomly takes their blood pressure several times a day. You know, you walk in to the den to watch tv and oh, look, you can measure your blood pressure too! And once one person does, everyone else has to as well to see who "wins" with the lowest blood pressure and heart rate. No, my family is not competitive. (My dad always wins overall, although my brother doesn't play this fascinating game very often. Wonder why.)

Anyway, we were doing this (AGAIN) today after lunch and, of course, my dad won on the heart rate and I beat him out with my fabulous blood pressure. (You should hear our excuses for losing: I've been chasing the cats around! I just ate! The phone ringing scared me!) Not being competitive, I have made a promise to beat him completely in March. I actually think this is physically impossible because he is in pretty good shape and women tend to have higher heart rates than men anyway. But, I am going to work on it and see if I can decrease my heart rate any (yesterday morning after breakfast but before I had moved around too much, it was 88). I don't really have to work on blood pressure, because I always win the blood pressure round (today it was something like 111/77 in the 2nd match).

So. I have told my dad that he must vegetate for the next 3 months. He may not even rock the chair when he watches tv. Ha! Which is a joke, and he's going to be riding his bike even more regularly now so he might beat me in both categories. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home