On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

When impatience is a good thing

Tonight I called in an order for pepperoni pizza as I was on my way home from class at 9pm. Before going there, I went to the grocery store to pick up breakfast food and chatted with a friend. Then, I went to get the pizza on my way home (30 minutes after the call). I'd forgotten that tonight was discount pizza night--and when I got there, the line was about 20 people long.

I do not wait in lines. At least not at 9:30 at night for pizza, anyway.

So I called the pizza place back while I walked back to the car and canceled my order (and confirmed that I could not get my pizza without waiting in the 20 person line). Then I came home and made myself some pasta with tomato sauce in the same amount of time that it would have taken for me to stand in line. And it was much better for me.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Good for you! Have you ever tried to make your own pizzas? Pitas work really good, especially if you get a high fiber one! And you can use olive oil instead of tomato sauce if you want. Yummy! My downfall is cheese -- I love a cheesy pizza!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home