On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Online Quiz

I discovered a site about happiness today: Authentic Happiness. Because I am attracted to quizzes, especially if they purport to tell me something about myself, I have taken a handful of them. One of them, the VIA Signature Strengths, is 240 questions and determines what your signature strengths are so that you can focus on them and put them into play more often. First, it will tell you what your 5 signature strengths are and then you can see how the other strengths are ranked for you.

Guess what? My 24th strength out of 24 is self-control and self-regulation. In other words, self-discipline is probably more accurately described as a weakness rather than a strength! Some of the other questions that I answered made me think about self-discipline--they asked whether I practiced a skill every day. Well, no I don't practice healthy eating or living every day (broke the resolution again today!), but it is good to think about this as practice to build a skill. There are so many skills to build with respect to healthy living that it will take a while to hone them. But tomorrow is another day!

On the other hand, my signature strengths are: capacity to love and be loved, love of learning, forgiveness and mercy, curiosity and interest in the world, and humor and playfulness. I don't think these are too bad, even if I'm not very disciplined. Modesty and humility is my 23rd trait. ha!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    My lack of self-discipline means I can't answer quizzes honestly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home