On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, January 05, 2007

New Resolution Thoughts

My new resolution is extremely annoying. I've already broken it, but today is a new day.

No non-homemade/restaurant desserts means no cookies. No candy. No cinnamon rolls. No little sweet munchies. No ice cream. GAHH. Of course, I could make some, but I'm away from my cookbooks so I would have to search up some recipes. And I'm just a little too lazy to do that.

I did have candy at the movies last night, shared with Dr. MM. We rationalized that because I was able to get dessert at the restaurant and didn't, that they counted like dessert. That's a lie. Anyone with a brain can reason that store-bought candy from the movie theater is exactly the thing I am cutting out, and cannot be substituted for restaurant dessert. Heehee.

But it is difficult, and it is something that is not fantastic for me, and my sweet tooth means that these are regular parts of my life. So a good thing to approach healthy living-wise.

I envision when I have mastered this habit that I will make a treat of sorts every couple of weeks. Boxed mixes are out, as well as bought pie crusts. The point is not to have some easy, gooey sweetness, but to make something I am proud of and to learn new things while controlling my sweet tooth to a degree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home