On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Resolution update

Well, I am doing much better with regard to my resolution now that I am back home. I visited my parents over the holiday weekend and they had a good number of snackies left around from Christmas season still. It wasn't all a wash; I exercised every day I was away. We even rode our bikes for 22 miles on Saturday afternoon. And they have a treadmill!

Anyway, I'm back in my nest getting back on track. The semester is still going well. My spinning class starts tomorrow!

I have not been eating very much calorie-wise in past couple of days, all the while feeling as if I were stuffed to the gills. In a way that is good, but on the other hand I'm not getting all my RDA's either. Part of that is that I'm out of my mega-cereal for breakfast which is fortified, and I'm running down the vegetables list. On the other hand, I've realized that I need to get more beans and cabbage-family veggies in my diet. So, more broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, chickpeas, red and black beans, and lentils! I like those things a great deal, and it shouldn't be such a hard thing to do. A little bit more low-fat dairy wouldn't hurt either.

Yum! I can't wait 'til I go to the grocery store, which will probably be this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home