On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, March 30, 2007

March Challenge

Obviously, I'm not going to meet my March Challenge. It was very do-able, which strangely enough could have been its downfall. But, when it got down to the nitty-gritty, I just had more important things to deal with this week than pounding out the necessary miles and workouts to get this done. My comprehensive exit exams for my master's degree were today, and I think I did ok. My sleep schedule is back under control, so that's nice. A bedtime before midnight, what's that about? Ha.

I'm not at all disappointed about my "failure" in the March Challenge (yes, I know it really ends tomorrow, but I don't think much will change). Part of it is that I don't really want my reward--a new outfit inspired me for a brief amount of time, but not long term. I also know that I will get my yearly Easter/weddings dress this weekend probably, and I would actually prefer to have cycling shoes and pedals. Yeah, I could have made those two things my goal, but I am going to get them no matter what. So, the next time I do a challenge, I will need to have a really good treat.

Also, about Sunday, I sat down and thought about how I could finish out the week and beat the challenge. I realized that it was very possible, and all I needed to do was schedule it in. Once I realized I could do it, it was as if I didn't have to. There was no more Challenge, because I knew I would be able to get all my miles and workouts in if I focused. Strangely enough, it is as if I prefer impossible challenges and then, when they are in the realm of possibility, I lose interest.

BMR: 501.5
FMR: 369.48

Really, this isn't so bad. I only have 870.98 miles left in the year long challenge, so I have finished the first 100 miles. Hmm, I will need to step it up. Luckily, April is going to be a wonderful month for me, where I enjoy myself and my last semester in school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home