On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Motivation

Or, more accurately, lack of motivation.

I've been trying to cook dinner for us every night. It works out ok, and it does save us money from eating out at restaurants. Lunch is almost always leftovers. It's not like I'm doing a whole lot with the rest of my day right now, anyway, so I might as well make sure we are well fed.

Sometimes, though, even if I haven't done anything productive all day long, I don't want to cook. I just want to get out of the house, and not have to do any work. Like last night. I called Dr. MM about 7pm, asking him when he was coming home and if he wanted what I was going to cook. Hoping he would say he wanted to go out, of course. No such luck. I reluctantly agreed to cook what I had already offered to cook, and started working on it.

It was a pretty good dinner! Three veggies and homemade buttermilk biscuits. It took less than an hour to make, and I felt good about making something that we both enjoyed. Also, it was much less expensive than if we had gone out to eat--I would estimate it cost about $7 dollars for us both to eat that (it's hard to estimate how much an 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda costs, but I'm guessing not very much). It was probably healthier than restaurant food, even with the biscuits, too.

Anyway, I need a workout partner like Dr. MM. Someone who makes me follow my own best ideas, even when I don't want to. I know that I feel good after I exercise, and I know that it is good for me. I know that I have goals that I can't reach without putting in the daily work. And yet, I still can't get myself out the door in the morning. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home