On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Running, Day 1

BMR: 343.5
FMR: 330.6

W: 155
M: 40-35-41

I've decided to start running. Not trying to run, not run/walking, not training to run. All of those things remind me that I'm not doing what I want to do, and they let me off the hook. If I'm not actually running, then it doesn't matter because I'm not working toward my running goal anyway. Or at least that is what I think my brain "feels." So, from now on, I am running four times a week and walking/hiking other days. Today, I ran my two miles at what ends up being 15 min/mile pace.

Good for me! I would like to be at 12 min/mile pace, but I will get there. Also, I need to scope out a longer place to run, because the program I'm using (one of the one's from Runner's World) called for 5 rounds of 2 min running, 4 min walking but I could only do 4 rounds on my usual route (after walking 5 minutes to warm up a bit). I know how I could extend it to 3 miles simply, but there is a giant hill that I am avoiding. Usually, I feel wasteful if I drive somewhere to exercise (or do anything else fun), but I've decided that I need to get over that. Either buy a bus pass at the grocery store and ride the bus or just get in the car and drive. Staying at home has a horrible effect on my mood, being such an extreme extrovert.

In other news--I passed the bar! It is so hard for me to believe, but I have an official-looking letter saying so! I am kind of amazed at the difference it has made in what I think is now possible (um, pretty much anything! Ha.), and am gearing up for the major job search.

And, randomly--no freaking wonder my clothes have stopped fitting! My waist is about 3 inches bigger than it was at the beginning of the summer! I think today might just be a wacky aberration of some sort, though, since the last time I measured I was four (4!) pounds heavier and an inch smaller. Weirdness. I am glad that I am losing the eat-my-way-to-passing-the-bar pounds. I am going to try to hold off on buying new career clothes for a couple more weeks, to let my body readjust to less stress/better habits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home