On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dieting

First thing first, dear multitudes of readers, you will notice that I have added a blog roll. Well, actually it's a "fit roll"! It's from fatfighters. It helps give my blog some "lived-in" feel, I think. More homey. haha.

Also, I am linking to Act Boldly in addition to my other blogs. I've been reading her site today and I really like what she has to say about size acceptance and focusing on healthy choices and living as opposed to numbers on a scale. I say size acceptance instead of fat acceptance because I don't think that it's just people who are fat who have problems accepting themselves where they are. Even though people who aren't fat don't have the same kind of outward negativity focused on them by others--although I could argue both sides of that. (Would it surprise you that I'm in law school after that comment?)

Moving along before I tangle up with arguing against myself and what all. After reading some of her posts about why she's not dieting but choosing to eat foods that are healthier for her body, I thought about the fact that I don't think I've ever been on a diet before to lose weight.

I can't recall dieting during high school or college. I didn't diet for my wedding. I certainly haven't dieted after I've been married. There was never a lot of pressure from my family to be thinner than I was, even though I am actually the biggest girl. Now that I'm grown, there is none. Sometimes my husband cheers when I mention the possibility of bikini-wearing in the future, but the reality is that he'd probably feed me lard in my sleep if I were as thin as I think "thin" is.

So that leaves me about where I am.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Barbi said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am feeling much better thanks, and kind of excited about going back to work tomorrow.
    Race ya for that t-shirt! Aren't they fabulous??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home