On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Paying Attention

You can't do everything, but you can do something.

That's my motto this week. I am literally running out of hours in the day to do everything that needs to get done. At 8 pm I realize that I need to read for my 8:30 am class (about an hour), get home, have dinner, start laundry, study, work on a project for about 3 hours, clean a little bit, and get to bed by 11:00 so I can get a decent night's sleep. Well, it's almost 12:30 am, and I have done about half of the required tasks for today. My free time today consisted of about two and a half hours (broken up, not all in one block) that I could have shoved more work into, but that's about it and I need some breaks in order to motivate me to do more work. My motto helps me from feeling too overwhelmed to do anything.

Tomorrow is another day to work on everything. I haven't figured out how to make a good graphic for my sidebar about the transportation bank, which is just as well because I think I'm already in the hole. It's hard to get up early enough to ride the bus when I could use the extra hour to sleep in.

Also, my food journal has been very interesting to me recently. My high calorie days are definitely reactions to stress, such as when we are just too tired and worn out to think of making anything at home for dinner and it is easier to pay for someone to bring us some food. That is when I drink Coke, mostly because it is a habit to have it with certain meals. I also lose out on getting enough veggies when that happens, because most places that are quick (or most restaurants in general) don't offer many good veggies.

One way that would make it easier to have meals at home when we're tired is to keep the kitchen cleaner so that we have a clean slate to work with immediately. We have a small kitchen and because we are busy and a little lazy, dishes do pile up a bit. Which is gross, but can be controlled. Also, last week when I made soup on the weekend we had a quick meal already prepared in the fridge if we needed it. So I can think of making a couple of extra things on the weekends (when they aren't also packed to the gills) that can tide us over when we're worn out.

Good planning notes. Someday soon I will implement them. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home