On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Disappearing Act

Today as I was going to catch the bus for my afternoon class, I packed up all my stuff really quickly and rushed down to the end of the road. I had my keys and my book and my wallet and my id and a banana. By the time I got to class, the banana was gone. Not because I ate it, but because it apparently ran away. Or fell out, if you want to be all reality-based. I thought I had just knocked it off the area where I packed my bag, but when I came home it wasn't anywhere. Poor lost banana out in the world.

In other news, I went back and looked at my food journal such that it is. I hadn't realized that I'm breaking 2000 calories each day. Interesting. Previous journaling had me much lower than that somehow. Probably the cheese or maybe last time I wasn't as careful. I think mypyramid says I should have three cups of dairy a day, and I'm going over that a bit. I probably need to cut that back by one serving and try to get some more lean meat or whole grains in. Although one good note is that recently I have been getting about 20 grams of fiber a day! Way to go veggie and whole grain eating!

It feels good being aware of my diet (as in the range of foods I'm eating, not a way of restricting myself) and planning for nutrition. There are plenty of areas to improve upon, but this week I have had at least a cup of veggies for lunch and usually some for dinner. That's a huge improvement over chips and fries for lunch, both nutrition wise and budget wise! Good job, me!

Also, I read an interesting article over at Someday Is Now about displacing good nutritive food with junk eating, instead of working treats into your healthy diet. It tied into my earlier thoughts about being careful not to treat myself everyday, or every meal. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home