On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Stress

Well, it's two weeks until finals. This time of year is always a time when any healthy habits I have disintegrate, and I procrastinate and have so much anxiety (these two problems feed on each other). I go through my days on the verge of a panic attack and think about getting sick so that I can have an excuse to get out of my responsibilities.

In the end, I always get everything done and do decently well. But I have tons of stress, get little sleep, and eat more than usual. It's certainly not fun. Right now, I'm just going to try to keep my head above water and be aware of when I'm reacting to stress.

This morning I'm going to clean a bit before I go to work, and try to finish one of my papers and half of the other one. I'm also going to read for classes so that I am ready for the first few days of next week. As for some healthy time for myself, I'm going to eat a healthy lunch, walk to the mailbox, and pull some weeds in my garden (for some strange reason, I love this). I'll try to make a plan each day, and maybe that will help.

____________

At work, after having a semi-healthy lunch, a little time with some plants, and finishing laundry and halfway cleaned the kitchen. Not bad. Now I just want to finish one of my papers and read some before I go home tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home