On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

life

Well, the study-break shopping trip had to be postponed because I've been informed that we're going to do some stretching to make it to payday on Friday. No biggie.

As for what healthy foods I bought besides salad-ish things--mostly frozen veggies, rice, several cans of beans (to be combined into spicy/filling dishes), whole-grain pasta, and some ground turkey. Things that can be thrown together easily. I have lean fish and chicken already at home. (I hate chicken so much that it is taking me forever to eat the bag of frozen chicken.) Right now, frozen has to rule over fresh because my schedule is so wacky that fresh just rots.

I made some turkey meatloaf burgers tonight (quicker cooking that regular meatloaf), and it turned out OK. Not enough breadcrumbs or eggs or something, since they were falling apart! Not pretty, but still good.

As for RDA's, today I have essentially no Vitamin K and very little Vitamin E. Everything else was at least over 70%--the problem areas are the usual: Vitamin A, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium. I didn't eat my salad today, just because. But, tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home