On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Long Time, no see

It's been a hard couple of weeks.

Classes started back, and my internship schedule changed. My work schedule did too--and my hours increased. So I have 12 hours of class (plus prep time), at least 20 hours of internship, and 8-16 hours of part-time work a week. So, I'm putting in 40 hours a week if I do the minimum amount of work required--and that does not include studying/preparing for class, working extra shifts, or the extra half hours I work here and there to finish whatever I'm working on when my internship hours are over for the day. Tomorrow my spinning class starts--3x a week at 6am. When I'm busy, I'm busy. (Plus, my browser lost my blogger password and I kept forgetting to reset it.)

Also, along with the new very busy schedule, my uncle died unexpectedly this week. It was a shock to all of us in our close family and it was terrible for days. His funeral was yesterday and while it was sad, being with my family brought a sense of peace and acceptance that is hard to explain. He will be missed by so many people because he was a kind and generous person who brought joy wherever he went. He and my aunt had been married for forty years; he was buried on their anniversary. Even after yesterday, the fact that he is gone is unreal--it's as if I cannot comprehend family and home without him.

In blog-relevant news: in weights I was 160 and 159 in the past couple of weeks; I walked for an hour tonight; I haven't had a soda in about a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home