On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Monday, August 07, 2006

A new week

Well, this weekend was a doozy! Dr. MM had his graduation, so he is finally finished with anything possibly related to his degree. (Well, not really, because he's still doing research related to his dissertation, but that's different.) Our families were in town, and we ended up going to another family function after graduation that was fun as well. So much excitement in one day can wear you out, though!

I didn't track anything this weekend, because we ate out at restaurants so much. Plus, what we ate would be impossible to put into fitday. After graduation, we had this gigantic banquet meal at a Chinese restaurant--I don't even know everything I ate! Very good. Still no soda. I've been really good about that habit. The hardest part of it is not ordering it at restaurants where it was always part of the meal. But I've done that too this weekend, and I wasn't unhappy with that decision.

I'm a little over my food budget for last week--we bought pork chops for dinner last night and breakfast foods and snacks. Plus, I bought some food earlier in the week that I didn't record.

Thurs.
S@br@ hummus (which is the best packaged hummus ever) 4.99
Whole wheat pita: 1.50
Coke (for Dr. MM): 2.49
Total: 9.25
Balance: 8.09

Sun.
1/2 gallon of milk: 2.20
Oj: 3.29
Gummi Life Savers: 1.59
Raisinets (which actually have none of the junk I don't eat in them): 2.49
Cereal: 3.29
Pork Chops: 7.74
1 ear of corn: .50
Store Discounts: 2.76
Total: 18.89
Balance: -10.80

So, I guess that starts me out this week at 29.20. Even more of a challenge!

Also, my gas challenge is totally going to have to be re-thought. I'm over by about the same amount as I budgeted. I'm hoping that I can be more efficient when classes start, but I don't know since I'll have to go to work in my car still.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Keep up the great work! A lot of eating out is just using your common sense :) And don't be afraid to ask your server for healthy suggestions, or ask to have creams/sauces/etc on the side.

    I love your blog title, by the way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home