On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, July 28, 2006

TGIF

Yesterday, I had the best baked potato ever. Crispy skin and fluffy yummy insides. So, so good. Loaded with goodies--bacon, green onions, cheese, butter, salt, pepper. Lucky for me, I cooked two, so I had another one for lunch today. Ultra good, skins and all.

Tonight I had homemade biscuits, homemade "creamed" corn, turnip greens, and fried eggplant. I am an awful fryer, so the eggplant was awful, but everything else was good. And I'll have biscuits tomorrow for breakfast! Or lunch with the rest of the greens.

I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'll probably eat out--but on someone else's dime! (Mommy's and Daddy's! heehee) Hope everyone has a good weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger BarbaraMG said…

    Nothing like a baked potato! MmmMmm!

    Someone told me this trick a few year ago. Insert a metal skewer into the potato. Cook as usual. It makes the insides cook quicker and they turn out very fluffy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home