On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Well, it's nice to be able to look at my RDA's again, since I've been filling in my fitday when I have a chance. Yesterday wasn't too bad in that regard, I even got some vitamin K in! The fat was a little too much, but that will probably average out ok.

I've decided that I'm going to try to eat some sort of green salad once a day, every day. Just to get a little green in my diet. Although I can't have my spinach yet, not until everything gets settled on that front. But we'll see how that goes. I bought some salad and savoy cabbage yesterday to work on this.

When I went to the grocery store, I bought mostly good, healthy foods. One bag of potato chips is my only "treat" kind of food, but I should be able to parcel them out. But no candy or ice cream or cookies. Almost everything is unprocessed, and nothing had the gunk that I don't eat. Woohoo!

Also, I did end up cleaning out the fridge this weekend, so I've reclaimed my containers! Today on a study break, I'm going to go buy a new lunch box/bag and some freezer packs. Then I'll be ready to have my own healthy food on hand during the day--which will also save money! I feel so much more prepared now, and tomorrow I start my fitness challenge at the gym, too!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great job! What other kinds of healthy foods did you buy - I'm always curious about what other healthy folks buy :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home