On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ok, ok.

So I didn't get up and walk first thing this morning. I also didn't walk in the heat of the day, and when I came home it was 10pm. No walking. WHY NOT? Well, because I was lazy and didn't think I could get up early enough to walk and still get the cat to the vet at 8am. This is not true. Plain and simple, I do not have a problem with getting up too early. Ever. (Or close enough.)

This will no longer be my excuse. I have realized that I have an excuse for everything--and they are decent for the most part, but what is wrong with my excuses is that they are lies. Basically, my decent excuses cover up for the part that I am lazy and procrastinate. True. When I was in school, the fact that I went to school full-time, worked part-time, interned part-time, organized a major speaking event, and commuted to see Dr. MM every month covered a multitude of problems. And I was busy, but RARELY did those things prevent me from doing the other things I needed to do. It's hard to argue with 60 hour weeks, though, and it covered me up. I can almost always do whatever it is I haven't done, I just haven't wanted to do it.

So, I am going to try to see the excuse that I have used to stop myself from doing the healthy thing, and take it apart. At least I should be honest with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home