On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sigh.

Well, we all know where good intentions lead.

But, it is a new day! Or it will be tomorrow! I am trying to set up some basic routines to get me back on track. One of them would be to go to bed, so that I can get up in the morning and do some exercise. I walked all over the mall today, so I am more tired than usual. Maybe tonight will be the night!

Anyway, I am borrowing from Flylady and her 31 beginner's steps--I am going to create my own personal beginner's map to a healthier, happier me. Each day, I will add one new thing to my routine and build on that! (Today is day 2.) My beginner's steps are things that wrench me out of sloppy slug mode and make me feel my best. I do many of them everyday anyway, but sometimes I need reminders--like put on makeup! I like wearing good makeup, so I should take the trouble to do it. No, I don't know if I have all this spare time that I am making up 15 minutes here and there, but I can tweak it as I go along. Of course, I spend about 4 zillion hours a day on the computer, surfing the net, so I have plenty of time to work this stuff in. While this is the minimum I want to do right now, it is not ranked in order of importance. Also, somethings might overlap.

1. Floss every night.
2. 15 minutes of moving every day.
3. Eat a cup of green.
4. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every day.
5. Say no to soda. (I've been sucked in again.)
6. Have a cup or piece of fruit.
7. Read your devotions.
8. Plan for 8 hours of sleep every night.
9. 15 minutes of upkeep so I can pass for a charming Southern belle.
10. Pick out some great earrings to wear.
11. Dress as if you are special.
12. Makeup!
13. Eat one serving of whole grains.
14. Make the bed.
15. Do something fun that you love (cook a great meal, read, work on a sewing project, etc.)
16. Eat a veggie with lunch.
17. Go outside for 20 minutes.
18. Take care of your hair.
19. Spend 30 minutes enjoying the end of the day before lights out.
20. Write someone you care about.
21. Do 15 minutes of stretching.
22. Drink a glass of water with breakfast.
23. Walk a mile after supper.
24. Go to bed before midnight.
25. Eat a piece of fruit with supper.
26. Spend 2 minutes cleaning out your purse.
27. 15 minutes of focused relaxation
28. Pick your clothes out for the next day.
29. Spend 15 minutes with Dr. MM.
30. Spend 15 minutes taking care of your desk.
31. Spend 2 minutes cleaning out your car.

Yesterday, I started flossing again. And today I walked at the mall for HOURS. Really and truly, I think I got there about 3 and I left at 7. Yes, I did buy lots of clothes, but not 4 hours worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home