On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Monday, April 24, 2006

nibbles

The past couple of days I've had a plate full of lots of little nibbles for lunch. It's fun and easy, and I don't have to worry about making anything. I just pour a little of this and a little of that on a plate and cut up a few things and I'm good.

But today I think I might burst. Two stalks of celery (which I hate, but I have a lot of it so I'll be munching away at it for a while), a serving of turkey pepperoni (which is actually an enormous amount of pepperoni), crackers, hummus, half a pickle, a couple of olives, some cheese, a couple of tablespoons of sunflower seeds and raisins. I also drank two glasses of water. I couldn't even eat all the cheese and olives that I put on my plate! Or the orange that I was going to eat for dessert! The last few bites were just painful. I usually only feel like this on meatloaf and mashed potato night, although I'm pretty sure that the equivalent feeling of roly-polyness from meatloaf/mashed potatoes is much more than 500 calories. 500 calories--that's about all that lunch ended up being.

I feel like I ate an elephant.

And that's your daily dose of my random life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home