On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tired

I was so tired tonight that I drove almost all the way back to the gym from home and seriously considered just going home and taking a nap. But I refused to give in!

The spinning substitute was there again tonight--I really don't like her or the music she chooses, but that is my problem I guess. The workout was ok. I've been drinking about 50 oz of water right after I get home, and it makes me sweat so much more. That is a little gross, but I can deal with it.

My gym hero wasn't there today! But that's ok, because The Bunny was. That's not meant to be disparaging, by the way. She was a person who was doing warm up exercises--she was taking little, short strides, and did some lunge/leg lifts. The way she started off, made me think of a bunny. . .but then, THEN she was 3/4 of the way around the track and started high-stepping. Which made her ponytail bob up and down exactly the way a bunny's ears might. I thought I would be thrown out for grinning like an idiot for a moment there. Anyway, she was too cute and I ran behind her for a lap.

Yes, ran. I decided that I would run, just for fun and see how I liked it. Just two non-consecutive laps out of 8, but it was great. Even though on the second lap, my legs wanted to jerk themselves out of their sockets and beat me upside the head for doing this. The rest of me had a great time. And that is really all that matters. Heehee.

Also, I have been looking at my fitday calculations recently and reading a few things here and there--and I have low protein consumption! Not that this hasn't been staring me in the face forever, but I didn't really think about it. The great, all knowing internet says that I can/should consume .8*154 = 124 grams of protein a day, or up to 30% of my calories. Today, when I was attempting to eat more protein, I ate 52 grams or 14% of my calories! Evidently I will need to overcome my aversion to cooking meat or other protein source every evening. I bought some protein-friendly foods for lunches and snacks this last trip to the grocery store so we will see how it works out this week. Also, I need to eat more. Today I just had a bagel for lunch, because I was supposed to buy something to go with it--but I wasn't hungry after I ate it, and I ran out of time. Oh, well, there's always tomorrow.

See you later!

BMR: 548.5
FMR: 380.1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home