On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sigh.

No walk today. My excuse for not walking first thing, as usual, is that I was going to ride my bike to the park. I didn't. I also did not go to the park at all. From this, I learn that I should never let the promise of later exercise override the exercise I should do now. It wouldn't have hurt me to walk and later ride my bike, after all.

In any event, I have discovered cottage cheese. It is like a wonder food, because it has so much protein and so little fat. I've been eating it with canteloupe or with a little bit of sugar sprinkled on top. Delish! Really, it was on sale and I dropped a large carton of it in my cart, even though I don't usually eat it. Discovering it is like a pleasant surprise in the fridge when I want something to eat. I've been on a home food budget of $250 this month, and we have done quite well. It's not everything we eat, because Dr. MM eats lunches out and we had pizza the other night, but it is some kind of structure. Structure is something I enjoy, but can rarely impose upon myself unless it involves money.

Also, although I have not commuted anywhere this week by bike, I have not gone anywhere except my class. That's almost as good, since I'm not running half a dozen errand every day.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger M@rla said…

    That is SUCH a good point-- "never let the promise of later exercise override the exercise I should do now." I've screwed myself over with that more than once. In fact, that's why I started walking first thing in the morning every day. For a long time I've been promising myself that I would "work in" some activity during each day, and I DIDN'T. Good intentions sure don't mean much when it comes to WL or fitness...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home