On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Testing

I have tracked my weight and measurements weekly for nearly a year and a half now as an accountability measure. Mostly because I realize that when I stop doing that, I morph into a slug that stays up too late, working furiously on last minute projects, who feeds exclusively on coke, potato chips, and poppycock. Generally this is at the end of the semester when finals rear their ugly heads. Ick.

I've noticed on my little chart (which I might post if I can figure it out) that my highest weights are always at the end of semesters. My highest weight was 164 at the end of last spring semester and there was another spike at the end of last semester. Usually five pounds. I want to see if I can avoid that this semester. All I am going to do is pay attention and keep up with my numbers.

I like keeping track. It adds order in my disorderly existence.

Also, my car died. Which you would think would help me in my transportation bank points, but it just means that I have had to make more car trips in order to share the car with Mean Monkey. Grr. We have to take the car in this week, and it should revive! It's about 10 years old and the only thing wrong with it is that we think a sensor has failed. Nothing too major. I love Zipper (the car) and I'm going to drive it until it becomes utterly unreliable. I hope I can get 3-5 more years out of it. Then I hope we'll need a car for BABIES.

Heehee.

Thinking about this has me chanting Costa Rica over and over again. Recently I've been trying to remind myself that there are things I/we want to do before we have babies: travel more and have new furniture are what are keeping me reined in at the moment. Plus, it would probably be nice to have: health insurance, a job, savings, a house, etc. But none of those things inspire me! Haha. So it's going to have to be Costa Rica and a china cabinet. Practicality is really not my strong suit, no matter how much I like sensible shoes and free tshirts. Luckily, that's what Mean Monkey is for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home