On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ick.

I feel sick. I know that it is just PMS + eyestrain, but I just want to go home and go to bed. Probably wolfing down my dinner didn't help anything, but that is not really the problem. My head is killing me, my eyes hurt, and I'm nauseated and whiinnneeeeyyy. Unfortunately, I have two more hours at work and I need to do about that much more project work today. Plus, I came to work in a really foul mood since Mean Monkey forgot to come home on time and so we couldn't eat dinner together and I had to get take out and rush so I wouldn't be late. I don't know what he made for dinner, but that is really not my problem. He's a grown man, knows how time works, and knows that it bothers me when I'm counting on him to be somewhere on time and he gets wrapped up in his work. So, so frustrating because I know there is not one thing I can do about it and I need to just let it go. Also, I know that I am bothered more by it because of the PMS thing. ALSO, one whole arm of me stinks! Did I forget to put deoderant on both sides today or what? If it rains, it pours! Which really makes me laugh--all this aggravating stuff AND I stink! Good lord.

Tommorrow I must be more diligent about studying. I guess I will wind up in the library somewhere with a really nice chocolate bar. Last semester I made it through by making myself study to a set point and then having a little bit of chocolate. It sounds kind of pitiful, but I need something immediate and non-distracting. When I'm at home, I use the kitchen timer to give myself 30 minutes on/30 minutes off times--but I can't take that to the library.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Wendell said…

    Sorry you're feeling crappy and are have one of those days on top of it! I like your kitchen timer idea - having a hard time forcing myself to do any work lately, so maybe I'll try that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home