On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

blah

I'm procrastinating. In fact, I've been doing that all night long. Not even good procrastinating where I learn something new or think about new ideas or clean the house--I've slept and I've surfed the web. sigh.

One interesting thing is that I made some cereal in a glad-ware type bowl and realized it had a use by date on it. Why would I need an expiration date for plastic? Then I realized that this one was the one that the cold cuts had come in, which kind of icked me out. I ate the cereal anyway. And that is as interesting as it gets around here.

Also, I had an email from one of my professors checking on why I hadn't responded to his email from earlier in the week. Well, mostly because I didn't read far enough along to get to the part where it said "respond immediately". Oops. Plus, he saw me out with friends at lunch yesterday and made fun of me then. Clearly, I'm not too busy with studying to check my email if I can have a two hour lunch (he and the other prof arrived AND left while our bunch was still lolling about on the patio). haha. But when the choice is between studying and having lunch with my closest friends who are graduating in a few weeks, I'll choose the friends over the grade. And our lunch was for a good cause, because 10% of the profits went to local food banks. Of course, if I had done my work all along, then I could have the grades and the friends + charitable lunch. Must work on that.

In good, non-procrastinating, news, I lined up my internship for my master's degree today. I'll be working with a local non-profit doing things that I think I will be really, really good at, and which (of course) have very little to do with the law. Woohoo! I can't wait to start. I also can't wait for the chance to come home after a day's work and not have homework to do, so that some of my time actually is my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home