On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

tomato sauce

Last week, when Renee had a post on her site comparing ravioli, I listed a comparison for the ravioli that we made earlier in the week. After doing that, I realized that the jarred tomato sauce was really high in sodium. So this week when I bought another jar I compared the sodium content for several brands. Almost all of them were the same high sodium--about 500-700 mg per 1/2 cup. Of course, I don't eat just one 1/2 cup of sauce usually.

But, when looking at the brands I found that the lowest at this particular store was Classic0 brand. 320 mg for 1/2 cup. Not bad. It also doesn't have any of the junk that I don't like: MSG, high fructose corn syrup, or hydrogenated anything. It's the fire roasted tomato and garlic version, and pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home