On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Scale Says


The same thing as last time. Measurements are the same too, so I will look at the big picture in order to have something to say. Since I started my blog on March 25, I have lost six pounds, which you can see from my fitday graph. In the past month, I have eaten 2055 calories a day on average (although it's probably a smidge higher than that), averaging 31% fat, 13% protein, 55% carbs and 19 g of fiber. I haven't exercised any since it is the end of the semester.

While I'm not focusing on weight loss per se, I am glad to see that focusing in on vitamins and nutrients isn't making me pack on any additional weight. Fitday says that my loss per week is almost a pound per week, which is in the healthy range. I can't say that I feel all that different from when I started getting more veggies/water/fiber into my diet, except for the pleasure I get from knowing that I'm usually eating better food for my body. I have been thinking more about what foods I'm fueling myself with, so I am more aware.

For the next two weeks of finals, I would like to: replace my caffeine with green tea instead of coke, drink more water, and make sure I keep my vitamin K levels up since that is one I have to think about but is easily solved (spinach!).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger t. said…

    wow,you are doing great!!! And I believe in a little while you will definitely feel the difference about the food you are eating now!!congratulations! I truly wish my graph could be so fantastic!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Thanks for the encouragement!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home