On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yay!

I went to the doctor for a routine checkup today. The last two years I have had a low hematocrit level (27 both years) which from what I see online would probably mean I was anemic, since the normal range for women is 38-46. Last year, my doctor emphasized that and gave me a pamphlet to read (which I threw away, of course) about getting more iron.

This year, my hematocrit was 39! I'm sure that focusing on what I eat has helped this immensely. When I look at the past month in the fitday report, I have gotten 137% of my daily iron requirement.

I didn't get a chat about my weight, probably since I am down about 10 pounds from last year's appointment. Also, my blood pressure was 100/60 which seems decent to me, especially as I have been so slothful and slug-like recently and finals are going on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home