On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Arg.

What I really wanted to eat this evening was a nice steak, baked potato, and a cad. egg. Delicious. Did I have any of that? No. I didn't want to go to a restaurant tonight because I would have to put on makeup, and I always get sticker shock at steak in the grocery store (which you can go to without makeup). Potatoes would take too long to cook. The grocery store was out of cad. creme eggs. (Or at least the regular kind.)

So, I bought a frozen dinner w/ beef tips, green beans, and roasted potatoes. Disgusting--well the roasted potatoes would have been great except for being covered in fake cornstarch gravy, like the beef tips. Green beans were ok, and I ate all of them. I ate about 5 pieces of beef. Half a pint of B&J low fat chocolate frozen yogurt. Almost a half a cup of cottage cheese. I feel like I've eaten more than that, but I think it's just that I ate at the frozen yogurt twice. I am still hungry. Not to mention that's enough dairy to make a baby calf sick.

Also, today I read all of PastaQueen's archives. Reading years' worth of archives usually means that I am procrastinating in leaps and bounds. Today, I could have vacuumed my place and put more things away--but I cleaned my bathroom, washed dishes, picked up a lot of stuff (there's a path to the door now!), and printed some more off of the project I'm working on. Not too bad. I also sat on my exercise ball while I read some, until I needed to go back to slouching because the good posture made me sore.

Reading PastaQueen's archives reminded me that I have gotten away from cooking and enjoying cooking. I have so much to do in the evenings that I eat completely random things that are quick, but not necessarily great for me. Also, I need to plan better for the time I have. Usually, I am so hungry by the time I am able to get some food in me that meals need to take 20 minutes or less to make. There are plenty of healthy foods that fit in that category, but I am in a bit of a slump about it. And I could try some new recipes to help me feel more energized in the kitchen. I'll work on that this week.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger TrixieBelden said…

    I know, I am soooo much healthier when I eat at home. I have fish when I go out to eat, but I also have beer. I think that cancels each other out. I'm trying to cut back on the beer, but I love it so. Sorry to sound like a lush.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home