On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Weight and Measures

W: 154
M: 40-33-40

I normally just record my weight and measurements as an accountability measure, since once I stop doing that and blogging and fitday that means I am on my way to being a land slug again. Health and fitness are what I try to focus on in my blog, and weight/measurements aren't really a good measure of those things in my opinion. But, I do find it interesting to see how my body changes as I become more fit and healthy.

Last month, my first weights and measurements recording was:
W: 157
M: 40-34-40.5

So, I've lost an inch from my waist and a half inch from my hips. For a few weeks, I was down to 39 for my bust measurement but that wasn't there today for whatever reason. I've lost three pounds--although that happened in one week, and I've maintained for about three weeks.

My first recording for this year was:

W: 156
M: 41-34-41

Which shows that I have lost only two pounds since the beginning of the year, but an inch off of each measurement. This is why I like to measure and weigh, because there can be a slightly different picture based on the two. Losing two pounds (net) in two months doesn't sound like much, but losing an inch (net) off of every measurement does make a difference. Frankly, I would prefer inches to pounds anyway, and fitness to both.

For March, I hope that I will be able to ride 50 miles on my bike (to get my bike miles remaining number lower) and start running more for the fun of it. Also, I am going to do my strength workouts again, since I've slacked off on those a little. If I lose any more inches, I will have to either punch a new hole in my belt or get a new one because I'm on the last one. My other belt has also moved two notches. Of course, my belts don't sit on my waist. My clothes are fitting better, and by the end of March I'm thinking that I will need to go shopping for some new things.

HMM! That sounds like a goal!! I think that if I continue on my 1000 mile journey and break the 500 mark on BMR and the 350 mark on FMR AND do 10 strength workouts in March, then I will reward myself with a new head-to-toe spring outfit. I can probably afford that, if I save a little bit and stop buying random stuff I don't need. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home