On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 11 of 9#

Well, I felt all my motivation leave yesterday. I'm not sure exactly why--I think part of it is because I felt so yucky yesterday. My head hurt most of the day, which I usually associate with not eating well. So I ate more and more until I just gave up and took some pain medicine. That is what I should have done in the first place because my blood sugar wasn't screwed up yesterday, it is just TTOM and I have a minor headache.

Arg. Maybe I was experiencing a little bit of perfectionism there, expressed in all-or-nothing thoughts. Whatever, I'm over that now! Sort of. I did not get outside this morning because I felt as if I just needed a rest. Don't worry, I'm still going to get my two miles in today! It will just be at a leisurely pace in a nearby park in another hour or two.

The weather is perfect for bike riding! It has finally cooled off--I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon when I ran some errands.

Tomorrow is W/M, and I am looking forward to seeing how this week affected those stats. I feel as if my clothes are already fitting a bit better, but I always feel better about myself when I am moving more, so I'm not sure that is an accurate feeling.

Also, my fitday will not be as accurate today. I made banana nut muffins to use up two overripe bananas, and had one for a snack. I might have another in about an hour, too! Besides the bananas and nuts, I also added oats to increase the goodness. I'm thinking of it as a decently healthy snack--not like a piece of fruit, but more nutritious than a soda and a pack of crackers. It makes me feel good to eat things that I've made. I'm keeping out a couple (for me and Dr. MM), but the rest are going in the freezer! That will give me almost a week of snacks or breakfast options.

ETA: I am interested in making these banana nut muffins even more full of yummy goodness. I guess I could change to whole-wheat flour and maybe add more banana and less oil. Hmm, I will have to look into that.

I'll update again later when I've gone to the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home