On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Day 4 of 9#

Yes, I am still working on the fitness list--I haven't forgotten it! But I am stalled a bit, until I come back from the weekend. My mind gets stuck sometimes, and it's helpful to just start over again at some point. (And hope that I'm not too far from the starting point.)

I'm tracking the days of the 9# challenge because I want to see how long it takes to get to my goal, even though the deadline is the end of the year. Perhaps I will lose the weight before then, and I would like to know how long it took.

Also, I started out thinking that I wasn't very hungry on my new reduced-calorie diet--isn't that nice! Yeah, well that lasted about a day. I am hungry often, which is probably because I am exercising more regularly and eating less. On one hand, it is slightly annoying to have to figure out what I can eat in my plan. On the other, I don't mind feeling hungry--it bothers me MUCH more when it is time to eat and I'm not. Not that I eat on a strict schedule, but what I mean is that when I haven't burned off my breakfast enough to want lunch when I need to eat it (or I get grouchy/headachy). Being hungry should just be a natural and recurring part of the day, in my mind. It tells you when you need to eat and drink. Gah, but when you eat a snack, it should GO AWAY! Haha. If I am still very hungry every afternoon after this weekend, I may have to increase my calories so I have more fuel to do more things!

I have a running date tonight, so I haven't gotten my miles in for today yet.

ETA: Why is running + talking so much harder? I have got to work on my running so my partner doesn't feel like she is barely working. Only two more miles left--I should get those in tomorrow morning to meet my goal! Also, I wasn't so hungry today after my Cl!f bar with lunch. Planning out my day ahead of time is working out pretty well, because I know what my options are. For instance, I really wanted a glass of milk after eating my pre-run banana, so I juggled my calories around and did it. Of course, I think I am changing what we are having for dinner tonight, so I may not end up with what I started. Oh well. Tomorrow is W/M, and I'm really interested to see if there is any change yet.

BMR: 343.5
FMR: 313.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home