On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Day 3 of 9#

Well, yesterday was a pretty decent day when it came to eating. I'm always surprised at how easily our regular food can fit into lower calories and higher nutrition--we had turkey chili last night, and I had multigrain crackers with it. Later, I wanted to munch on something--just not the small handful of salad that I had planned. We made a pot of green tea instead and enjoyed that with a little bit of honey. I ended up about 15 calories over 1700 in fitday, which is fine with me.

The only thing I need to be careful about is portion size--I measured out my chili serving--although usually I wouldn't eat that much more anyway. I forgot that I was only getting a half cup of yogurt in my plan yesterday, and thought I had a whole cup of yogurt--when I measured that out, I thought there would be no way I could eat it all. I did, of course, but it was really twice as much yogurt as I would eat normally.

Really, most of the time I don't eat horribly or even too much. I just get slack about eating leafy green veggies and give myself too many treats. And sit at the computer all day. What I've been doing is adding in all my food for the day after breakfast, to make sure that I am getting a good mix of nutrients and not going overboard on fat. Then, when I am hungry I know what I have planned and don't get off track. It is working out pretty well, so far.

This morning, I changed out my battery in my mp3 player and downloaded the latest podcast of the news show I listen to. I used to think that this just took too long to do in the morning, and so if it wasn't ready, I wouldn't walk. It takes about 5 minutes. It's not as if I have somewhere to be, so what is five more minutes? Only four miles left this week to meet my goal!

BMR: 343.5
FMR: 315.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home