On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 12 of 9#

Well, I did make it to the park yesterday to walk. But. . .because it has decided to be fall (finally) I only walked one mile because I got chilly! I'm going back this afternoon for my make-up mile, though, so no worries. Working toward a short-term goal has really been a good thing for me. Usually my goals are huge (like the 1000 mile project) and they stretch out for so long, I tend not to think about them too much any given day.

I also got up this morning and walked/ran my usual two miles. Instead of feeling hungry and grumpy the whole way, I ate breakfast first and puttered around a bit before getting out the door. I don't have to be tied down to a routine (although it helps)! I also ran one more section between intersections than I usually do, which is progress. I like that I am just running when I feel like it, and still making some progress. It would be wonderful if I could become a runner who runs for the fun of it! Maybe I can let that happen and not plan it to death.

Oh yes, and it is weight and measures day.

Beginning:
W: 159
M: 41-34.5-41

Today
W: 158
M: 40-34-40.5

I am getting smaller--it's not all in my head! The strange thing is that I don't feel any increased desire to stick to my plan because I'm seeing some results. Meh. Hah! I'm happier that I felt good running this morning. I do like the fact that my clothes are fitting a bit smoother, but it is not like a REWARD for hard work. Oh well, I'm going to keep working at it. The fact that technically I gained a pound and lost more in the measurement just highlights that the 9# weight goal is completely arbitrary. What if I smoothed my lumpy tummy out and never lost the weight?


BMR: 343.5
FMR: 302.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home