On the Road

My "travel journal" on the road to self-discipline.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 14 of 9#

Well, I did my final two miles of my 14-mile weekly goal! The bad news is that the muscle on the outside of my left knee has been a bit achy this week, so I need to be sure to stretch more. Right now, I'm not stretching anything but my back--it just feels so good when I'm all warmed up! That's not enough, though, so I will look up some good stretches and get to it.

On the eating front, I basically threw any and all healthy guidelines out the window. Three sodas. Yes, three. I should be awake until 5 am. Ha! Two packs of crackers. But, we had a pretty healthy soup for dinner and breakfast wasn't horrendous. I just didn't like what I made for lunch, and it wasn't enough. Tomorrow is another day, though. We'll see how that works out, I guess.

It's time for me to set another weekly exercise goal. I'm glad that I increased my walking mileage without any problem this week (the knee is not a problem, it will fix itself). This coming week, I want to increase from 14 miles to. . . .17. That will give me three days of 3 miles and the rest of them are two miles. Since I can get a leisurely and flat mile in at the park nearby with no problem most days, it shouldn't be all that taxing to add a third mile every other day. It doesn't have to be all in one piece.

I find that when I listen to my podcast, I walk much faster. Unfortunately, I've recently picked shows that are more opinion-oriented and found myself exclaiming OUT LOUD at random points. Or throwing my hands up in the air and making faces. So far, I seem to have been unobserved when shrieking What!? and Oh, PLEASE, but that can't last long.

And, I've finally walked my first 100 miles of my 1000 mile journey. No, it doesn't look like I will make it this year, but I'll keep it up until the end of the year. Just see how far it goes. I might try again next year.

BMR: 343.5
FMR: 298.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home